ABOUT THIS COMMUNITY
The Instructional Design Network ("ISD Network") is a private community especially for professionals who specialize in designing learning. The goal of the community is simple—to provide a collaborative environment for instructional designers across all industries and geographies to connect with each other and share ideas and meaningful information about instructional design.
WHO HOSTS THE COMMUNITY?
This community was created through a partnership between the Association for Talent Development (ATD) and Yammer Inc.
WHAT IS ATD?
ATD is the world’s largest association dedicated to workplace learning and performance professionals. Members work in thousands of organizations of all sizes, in government, as independent consultants, and suppliers.
WHO CAN JOIN THE NETWORK?
Any ISD student or professional can request membership. Invitation/approval is required to join. Fill out the form on the left for more information or to join the network.
WHAT ARE THE RULES?
Your activity on the ISD Network is governed by the following guidelines:
- Everything in Yammer stays in Yammer. (i.e. no public posts or tweets, etc). We often share confidential information here ahead of the general public, and cannot be shared publicly. IDN members also share confidential information and case studies, and we must respect each others’ confidentiality. Violation of the confidentiality clause will result in expulsion from the community.
- This is absolutely a “no sales zone.” Under no circumstances, are you to market or sell your wares and services to other community members. Any attempt to sell or market to community members will result in expulsion from the community.
- Be respectful to other members. Disagreeing is fine, voicing it is encouraged, but do so in a respectful manner.
- Be smart about what you share. Make sure news is informative, statements are interesting, questions provoke thought and judgments limit exploration; use each one wisely.
- Be professional. Don’t do anything stupid that will reflect negatively on you or your company.
HOW DO I GET THE MOST FROM THE COMMUNITY?
- Please introduce yourself to the group, and your role as an instructional designer. Share your projects, lessons learned as well as best practices.
- Before asking a question, use search and explore tags for existing relevant topics of conversation. This will help limit repetitive messages. Post all questions about how to use functionality in the group, How To.
Yammer Overview from Yammer on Vimeo.
- Fill out your profile so the community knows what skills you possess. Be sure to add a profile photo.
- Keep messages short—think, “elevator pitch.” Readers should be able to read your post in less than 7 seconds.
- Join groups you’re interested in. Post messages in their appropriate group. We have created many groups on a variety of subjects. You will notice these subjects are very specific and this is to allow each person to build a more personalized following model. Please browse the directory and join groups that are important to you. Post messages into their relevant group and please create a new group if an applicable one does not exist. If you prefer to see all messages you can use the “All” feed or join all groups. Recommended groups include:
- Fine-tune your email notification preferences. Just head to your profile settings by clicking on the “Edit” button below your profile photo in the top left corner. Click on “notifications” in the left navigation, and then navigate to the network / community of interest and adjust your settings as needed. You can also subscribe to notifications via IM and SMS.
- Check new members introductions and the #welcome tag/topic to see who’s joined recently. Welcome new members as they join and make yourself available to answer questions.
- Use tags/topics when applicable.
- Stay up to date no matter where you are by using Yammer Mobile Applications: ou can install the desktop or mobile applications (for iPhone, Androids and Blackberry) from Account/My Applications.
WHAT IF I HAVE QUESTIONS OR NEED HELP?
For any questions about the community forum, please contact @Amanda Smith, ISD Network Community Manager.
Please submit all technology questions, bugs, and issues to email@example.com