ATD Certificate in Strategic Leadership
Grow your leadership competence. Through assessments, simulations, role play, and individualized feedback, discover how to create your personal leadership style, influence team members, and build relationships across organizations. Learn how to manage change and transition while leading others and aligning actions and priorities with strategic direction.
Leadership competencies cannot be developed by sitting through lectures. This innovative program puts you in a full simulation integrating all the leadership competencies into a typical organizational challenge. Throughout the course, there are multiple opportunities for in the moment feedback and social exchange from the facilitator and your peers. Two assessments, the TTI Success Insight online assessment and the online 360 survey, provide additional feedback about your individual leadership strengths and blind spots. Learn how to plan for success and align with your organization using a systems thinking approach. Leave the program with a complete individualized development plan and a commitment to action including clear next steps to take to become a strategic leader.
- Cultivate your leadership self-awareness to motivate and lead others through change and uncertainty.
- Develop your collaboration skills so you can leverage relationships for improved performance
- Learn techniques that effective leaders use in coaching and mentoring teams, and individuals, to reach high levels of engagement.
Pre-work: All participants must complete the online TTI Success Insight and 360 Survey assessments and bring the printed results to the first day of the program.
ATD Education programs are designed primarily for learning professionals – trainers, instructional designers, and organizational development practitioners – but also greatly benefit anyone within an organization who is responsible for developing others, from managers to human resources specialists.
Participants attending this session are involved in one or more of the following areas:
- Managers or supervisors of departments or functions
- High potential candidates interested in positions of management
- Project leaders assigned to manage team.
After this program, you will be able to:
- Inspire and lead staff by demonstrating essential leadership skill development.
- Reinforce communication required to maintain trust and awareness.
- Model personal awareness, regulation, and development.
- Leverage assessment results to align and collaborate with the team.
- Respond to others’ needs collaboratively.
- Use feedback to refine your own leadership.
- Lead self and others through change and uncertainty.
- Face-to-Face: 2 days
- On-Site: Flexible dates & duration
Earn 1.4 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) upon successfully completing this program.This program may be eligible for up to 14 CPLP recertification points. This program may be eligible for up to 14 APTD recertification points. This program has been pre-approved for 14 (General) recertification credit hours toward PHR, SPHR, and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute. This program is valid for 14 PDCs for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrm.org/certification.
Participation in all originally scheduled days of the program is mandatory in order to receive the certificate of completion and 1.4 CEUs. Participants who miss more than two hours of the entire program will not be eligible to receive the certificate. Participants who fulfill the attendance requirement will receive a certificate at the end of the program.
Have a group to train? Bring this Course On-site!
Give your team the unique team building experience tailored to your organization's needs. Contact us today to learn more.