Current research shows that stress and anger can seriously impede productivity and problem-solving in the workplace, as well as inhibit team building and decision making. Learn how to manage your emotions and mitigate their negative consequences through enhanced emotional intelligence.
A high level of emotional intelligence is critical in the learning and development industry. L&D professionals spend their time developing relationships, team building, influencing people, and negotiating, often in an intricate environment. By enhancing your emotional intelligence, you can perform better in these roles, as well as improve your decision-making and problem-solving abilities, influence the goals and outcomes of a project, and most importantly, deliver performance value to your stakeholders.
Research shows that when someone becomes overly stressed at work from a specific incident, it can take them more than four hours to recover. Stress and anger impede decision-making abilities and cause teams to fall apart. How can you become more aware of potential stressors and other emotional “triggers,” and their effects on yourself and your team?
This workshop will introduce and enhance your understanding of Emotional Intelligence (EQ) – your ability to identify and manage your own emotions and those of others – so that you and your team can make better decisions. You’ll gain a better understanding of how others react to stress, and learn strategies for how to best react to problems caused by stress.
- Technical Requirements: This program is conducted in the WebEx Training Center. Special software is not required. You only need a standard web browser and telephone or VoIP capability to participate. In addition, it is strongly recommended to use a desktop or laptop computer as using a tablet or phone severely limits your ability to fully and actively participate in the program.
Individuals who would benefit most from this program are those who are responsible for one or more of the following areas:
- managing teams
- guiding members of a team or co-workers through a time of transition or change
- working with people who are making company or team decisions.
By the end of this program, you will be able to:
- Spot emotional triggers before they happen.
- Use techniques to avoid or reduce the reaction to emotional triggers.
- Learn to map this information for your teams to minimize bad decision making.
- Use current tools and instruments to help teams under stress.
- Online: 2 sessions, 4.5 hours total
- On-Site: Flexible dates & duration
Earn .45 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) upon successfully completing this program. This program may be eligible for up to 4.5 CPLP recertification points.
Participation in all online sessions at their originally scheduled day and time is mandatory to receive completion for the program and .45 CEUs. Participants who fulfill this attendance requirement will see their completion status reflected on their transcript in the ATD Learning Portal and will receive an email verifying their completion of the program. If you must miss a session, all sessions will be recorded and available in the Learning Portal for participants to review throughout the program.