Essentials of Making Powerful Infographics
Infographics, when done correctly, quickly improve knowledge, skills, and abilities in the workplace by increasing understanding, recollection, and adoption levels for those being educated. Learn how to quickly turn ideas, words, and data into clear, compelling infographics that make complex information accessible. Fancy software is not needed. Discover how to use PowerPoint and other common software you likely already have to make professional infographics. Get practical tips, techniques, and tools to speed up development. Walk away with secrets to improve your educational materials and their impact immediately.
An infographic is a visual that combines many types of content, such as data, processes, photographs, icons, symbols, and illustrations, into easy-to-understand designs that improve learning. Harness the power of infographics in your educational materials. Discover the latest trends and the underlying psychology that supports using infographics in learning and be ready to apply the techniques on your next project. Review static and animated infographics from several major organizations and uncover the tools they use to educate and improve adoption rates for those receiving training—discussing what works and what does not. Improve your abilities by applying and reviewing what you learn during the program.
No design skills required or previous experience needed. Attendees learn how to make professional graphics fast—from concept to render. All processes, tips, and techniques shared during the course are applicable to PowerPoint, Adobe Creative Suite, and any other graphics software. Also, learn low-cost and free tools that further speed development and improve learning.
- Turn your words and ideas into powerful infographics that improve learning.
- Get tools, tips, and tricks to make infographics fast.
- Review real-world examples to learn what works and what does not—and why.
- Interactive Format: During this online workshop, you will collaborate in real time with your facilitator and classmates through interactive group discussions, polls, chats, and whiteboards design sessions.
- Supplemental Resources: This workshop includes electronic tools and templates to help you apply what you learned.
- Technical Requirements: This program is conducted in the WebEx Training Center. Special software is not required. You only need a standard web browser and telephone or VoIP capability to participate. In addition, it is strongly recommended to use a desktop or laptop computer as using a tablet or mobile device severely limits your ability to fully and actively participate in the program. Active participation is a completion requirement of ATD and includes, but is not limited to, participating in virtual classroom activities, discussions, breakout sessions, and intersession work.
This program is for professionals who want to improve learning using clear, compelling graphics. Whether you are a trainer, professor, instructional designer, organization development professional, or graphic designer, this program shares the skills needed to create modern, effective learning materials—fast.
ATD Education programs are designed primarily for learning professionals – trainers, instructional designers, and organizational development practitioners – but also greatly benefit anyone within an organization who is responsible for developing others, from managers to human resources specialists.
After this program, you will be able to:
- Design professional infographics from your ideas, words, and data—from concept to render.
- Apply software tips and tricks to make infographics fast.
- Improve the quality and effectiveness of your content by adding infographics.
- Increase adoption rates using clear, compelling designs.
- Improve your skills by applying what you learn during the program.
- Online: 3 sessions, 4.5 hours total
- On-Site: Flexible dates & duration
Earn .45 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) upon successfully completing this program. This program may be eligible for up to 4.5 CPLP recertification points. This program may be eligible for up to 4.5 APTD recertification points.
Participation in all online sessions at their currently scheduled day and time is mandatory to receive completion for the program and any applicable credits. Please note that viewing a recording will not fulfill the attendance requirement. Participants who fulfill all program requirements will see their completion status reflected on their transcript in the ATD Learning Portal and will receive an email verifying their completion of the program.
ATD requires active participation throughout the program to receive credit for the class. Active participation includes, but is not limited to, participating in virtual classroom activities, discussions, breakout sessions, and intersession work. Please note that using a tablet or mobile device severely limits your ability to fully and actively participate.
All sessions will be recorded and available in the Learning Portal for participants to review throughout the program for your review.
Click here to view our cancellation policy.