Preparing for the APTD: On-Demand Course
The Preparing for the APTD On-Demand Course is a truly personalized learning experience; it was designed to accelerate your knowledge of the AOEs tested on the APTD certification exam to mastery, at your own pace. The course provides in-depth coverage of the content in the three main AOEs on the APTD exam: instructional design, training delivery, and learning technologies. Plus, additional content from evaluating learning programs and the global mindset foundational competency will be available for review. The course combines classic theories with some of the most current information available.
The Preparing for the APTD On-Demand course is delivered on a platform that adapts in real time to each user’s behavior and performance to make learning efficient, effective, and engaging. As learners answer questions based on a series of learning objectives aligned to the key actions in each AOE, data are gathered on their performance and used to guide them to deeper learning. The technology is based on educational theory and cognitive science that explores memory, metacognition, and the personalized delivery of concepts. The questions in this course are not the same questions on the exam, but will help you assess where your gaps in knowledge are and help you master the information quickly. This course includes resources and suggested reading from the APTD Learning System, an online textbook.
- Master the content as it relates to the AOEs that will be tested on the APTD certification exam.
- Accelerate your learning curve through a personalized learning path based on your responses to the questions in the course.
- Access the APTD Learning System to continue supporting your review of the concepts and methods related to the key knowledge tested on the APTD certification exam.
- Flexible Content: Access the content at the time and pace that works best for you. Revisit and review previous content at any time during your access .
- Supplemental Resources: This course includes a subscription to the electronic APTD Learning System to support your learning in this course.
Talent development professionals who are interested in preparing to take the Associate Professional in Talent Development (APTD) certification exam.
After this program, you will be able to:
Describe the theories and models related to the instructional design AOE, including:
- business strategy, drivers, and learning theories
- individual learning preferences and instructional design theories
- assessment methods and formats
- research methods and content knowledge from subject matter experts (SMEs)
- design and development process
- instructional methods and learning technologies
- influences on learning and legal and ethical issues.
Describe the theories and models related to the training delivery AOE, including:
- learning theories and individual learning preferences
- instructional methods
- facilitating informal learning, building learning communities, and using media
- facilitation and presentation tools and techniques
- organizational or cultural differences in learning preferences and communication
- preparing for delivery and copyrights.
Describe the theories and models related to the learning technologies AOE, including:
- assessing technology for development
- delivery options and media
- social learning techniques and technologies
- existing and emerging learning technologies and support systems
- existing and emerging talent and knowledge management software solutions.
Describe the theories and models related to the evaluating learning impact AOE, including:
- theories and types of evaluation
- statistical theory and methods
- research design
- analysis methods and learning analytics
- interpretation and reporting of data.
Describe the theories and models related to the global mindset foundational competency, including:
- global cultural theories and tools
- cultural dynamics
- assessment of cultural situations
- culture-specific differences and similarities
- cross-cultural communications
- cultural dimensions of learning.
Self-Paced: take anytime, anywhere (12 months online access)
Attendance at the Preparing for the APTD: Self-Paced Course is not required. CEUs and certificates are not issued for preparation workshops. However, if you need verification of attendance for your employer please contact Customer Care and request a letter confirming your full attendance.
Attendance at the Preparing for the Preparing for the APTD: Self-Paced Course is not required. CEUs and certificates are not issued for preparation workshops. However, if you need verification of attendance for your employer please contact Customer Care and request a letter confirming your full attendance.