Preparing for the CPLP: On-Demand Course
This self-paced online course will help you create your personalized study plan to become a Certified Professional in Learning and Performance (CPLP). You’ll begin to prepare for both the CPLP knowledge-based exam and the Skills Application Exam (SAE).
This on-demand course is designed to be truly self-paced. The participant will have a 12-month period to use the online materials and study aids beginning at the time of registration. The content is designed to help participants plan and execute their personal study plan for the CPLP using the ATD Learning System as the primary study tool. During the course, participants use the Learning System and a variety of interactive and reflective exercises to determine which of the 10 Areas of Expertise (AOEs) they need to focus on to create their own personal study plan. Content is structured in seven modules which cover core concepts in all AOEs at an overview level. The course includes assessment questions for each module as well as a set of additional study questions. Participants also review the requirements for the skills application exam (SAE) component of the certification process.
Course participants will use online discussion boards to complete assignments and post questions for ATD and others using the self-paced course. In addition, all preparation workshop participants will have access to the CPLP Learner Community for ongoing peer support and exchange.
About the ATD Learning System
The registration fee includes online access to the ATD Learning System which covers all 10 Areas of Expertise (AOEs) which form the basis of the exam questions. The Learning System will be accessible by course participants during and after the course. The ATD Learning System is required reading for this program.
For additional information about the CPLP credential such as eligibility, testing windows and costs, please see CPLP Certification Information.
This program is designed for those who have the following qualifications:
- five years of relevant work experience in the talent development profession
- you have decided that certification aligns with your career goals
- you have the resources required (time, money, energy) to invest in the CPLP
- you are ready to start preparing to earn your CPLP
- you want to know where your understanding of CPLP content is strong, and also where you need to invest more effort in preparation in order to be successful.
Upon completion of the course, learners will be able to:
- Define the core concepts for each AOE in the ATD Competency Model and the ATD Learning System.
- Refine a personalized study plan, by identifying appropriate resources, to ensure thorough knowledge of each AOE.
- Apply test-taking strategies for the knowledge exam.
- Prepare for the skills application exam (SAE)
On Demand: take anytime, anywhere (12 months online access)
Earn .1 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) upon successfully completing this program.
Attendance at the Preparing for the CPLP workshops and self-paced course is not required. CEUs and certificates are not issued for preparation workshops. However, if you need verification of attendance for your employer please contact Customer Care and request a letter confirming your full attendance.