ATD Master Performance Consultant
As a performance consultant, recommending solutions based on the root causes of performance gaps is key. The ATD Master Performance Consultant™ Program leverages your experience, and provides the opportunity to demonstrate your ability to improve individual, process, or organizational performance through systematic analysis and targeted solutions that deliver business results.
Proving your ability will earn you the respected title of ATD Master Performance Consultant. Become a part of this exclusive group today.
As more organizations focus on delivering results through improved systems and processes, it is important for performance consultants to have the tools necessary to achieve that goal. The ATD Master Performance Consultant Program is a unique assessment-based program that provides you the opportunity to assess, refine, and enhance your performance-consulting skills, while gaining hands-on experience applying proven tools and methodologies to real-world performance improvement situations.
Find Out More:
Find out why facilitator Karen McGraw values the Master Performance Consultant Program
The ATD Master Performance Consultant Program is offered by the ATD Certification Institute.
- Connection to a cohort of learning professionals.
- Access to the ATD comprehensive guide to performance improvement.
- Industry-recognized certificate—ATD Master Performance Consultant.
- Experience with three consulting-in-action peer discussions.
- Capstone Performance Consulting Project and elective.
- A robust participant guide, with tools, resources, and templates to use back on the job.
- Engage in an online learning community.
- Participate in a four-day face-to-face course to assess, demonstrate, and extend your mastery of performance consulting.
- Select and complete a Capstone Performance Consulting Project to demonstrate your ability to apply what you have learned in a real-world environment.
This program is ideal for professionals needing to deliver the most engaging and effective training, including:
- Experienced learning and development professionals tasked with performance improvement efforts and initiatives within their organization.
- Experienced performance consultants and practitioners seeking to confirm their mastery of this area of expertise.
After completing this program, you will be able to:
- Assess current strengths in performance consulting competency areas and roles (e.g., Expert, Advisor, Coach, Facilitator, etc.) and identify opportunities for ongoing improvement.
- Apply ATD’s Performance Consulting Framework (e.g., ethics, critical skills, consulting competency areas, process, methodology, tools, relationship management, and specializations) to enhance their ability to improve clients’ individual, team or organizational performance.
- Establish and manage a trusting relationship with the client and key stakeholders during an engagement, and beyond.
- Use the Performance DNA Methodology and tools to gain client alignment and commitment, capture goals and performance gaps, identify key performers, analyze human performance, recognize positive and negative influences on performance, and document findings.
- Use effective HPI data analysis, consolidation, and decision making methods to derive defensible workplace performance findings, reveal trends and patterns of key performance, and make recommendations.
- Use effective presentation techniques to report findings and recommendations and gain agreement from decision makers to move forward.
- Select and design the most appropriate solutions that align with recommendations, close performance gaps, have a high probability of success, and meet or exceed the client’s originally-stated needs and business goal(s).
- Lead, align with, or advise others on planning and implementing solutions that meet client requirements.
- Lead, align with, or advise others in evaluating and measuring the success and impact of solutions on original client business goals.
- Assist clients in planning for and improving the readiness of their organizations to benefit from the changes that are triggered by solution implementation.
This is a blended learning experience consisting of three parts: an online Fundamentals component, a Core Course, and a Capstone Performance Consulting Project. The Fundamentals component is accessible three weeks prior to the Core Course, and the Core Course takes place over four days via an in-person training. Then, you’ll choose a Capstone Performance Consulting Project to complete. How long it takes to complete the Capstone Performance Consulting Project will depend on you. Upon successful completion of all components, participants will receive the ATD Master Performance Consultant certificate. ATD estimates that it should take four to five months to complete the entire program.
Earn 2.8 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) upon successfully completing this program.This program may be eligible for up to 28 CPLP recertification points. This program may be eligible for up to 28 APTD recertification points. This program has been pre-approved for 28 (General) recertification credit hours toward PHR, SPHR, and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute.This program is valid for 14 PDCs for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP.
The ATD Master Performance Consultant Certificate Program is a new offering from ATD created at the request of training and consulting professionals. It sits on the spectrum of professional development between an ATD certificate program and the Certified Professional in Learning and Performance® credential.
ATD strongly recommends participants have at least three years of experience with performance improvement or performance consulting. We also recommend that participants take the Improving Human Performance Certificate prior to enrolling in the program.
Yes. During the Fundamentals (Part 1), you will have pre-work and reading, which will help prepare you not only for the Core Course, but also for the Knowledge Assessment and Capstone Performance Consulting Project.
Participants who do not pass the Knowledge Assessment and Capstone Performance Consulting Project may choose to redo one or both components. Each participant will be provided one additional opportunity for resubmission of the Performance Consulting Project.
The ATD Master Performance Consultant Certificate Program is an enhanced certificate program, based specifically on one area of expertise (AOE) in The ATD Competency Model, Improving Human Performance. This unique program is a combination of a training event, an assessment component, and a practical application of learning (the Capstone Performance Consulting Project), offering instructional guidance to participants needing to develop or strengthen their foundational mastery in improving human performance. The ATD Master Performance Consultant Certificate Program is a great way for professionals to prove their ability in this one AOE.
The CPLP is a comprehensive learning and development certification, based on an overview of all nine AOEs in The ATD Competency Model. CPLP credentialing represents a level of professional achievement and competence. Just as important, achieving the credential demonstrates proficiency in support of learning and organizational performance and sets a standard of commitment to the learning and development profession. Becoming CPLP certified makes you a leader as well as a role model in the learning and development community.
Have a group to train? Bring this Course On-site!
Give your team the unique team building experience tailored to your organization's needs. Contact us today to learn more.