Essentials of Staying Centered Through Conflict
What does it take to “push your buttons”? Who are the people and what are the situations that can do it so easily? It is only a matter of time until we all encounter difficult interactions. Sometimes we avoid them and other times we address them head-on; either way, they can turn ugly quickly. Essentials of Staying Centered Through Conflict provides methods for: managing your emotions to stay focused on outcomes, utilizing the PEACE process to resolve issues, incorporating the Three Guiding Principles® during challenging conversations, and applying successful negotiation skills to reach agreement.
This course provides very practical training; you can use it immediately after each session. You will experience the Three Guiding Principles®, which will change how you approach conflict and other daily interactions too. During the course, you will also discover why managing your verbal and non-verbal emotional control is critical to achieving successful outcomes, apply proven strategies that will help you negotiate to gain mutual agreement on design projects and collaborative efforts, and use the sequential PEACE process to work through difficult situations and move forward constructively. Through interactive discussions, you will share your own experiences and positive outcomes, as well as gain strategies from your peers’ situations. The program includes a pre- and post-assessment to provide individual feedback on skill development.
- Work more effectively in collaborative situations with people inside and outside the learning profession.
- Maintain your professionalism while finding mutual agreement with others.
- Respect others’ perspectives while focusing on reaching a positive outcome to an unfavorable situation.
- Interactive Format: During this online workshop, you will collaborate in real time with your facilitator and classmates through interactive group discussions, polls, chats, and whiteboards.
- Supplemental Resources: This workshop includes electronic tools and templates to help you apply what you learned.
- Technical Requirements: This program is conducted in the WebEx Training Center. Special software is not required. You only need a standard web browser and telephone or VoIP capability to participate. In addition, it is strongly recommended to use a desktop or laptop computer as using a tablet or mobile device severely limits your ability to fully and actively participate in the program. Active participation is a completion requirement of ATD and includes, but is not limited to, participating in virtual classroom activities, discussions, breakout sessions, and intersession work.
This program is for learning professionals who encounter disagreements, collaboration challenges, or other types of conflict in the course of their work. Whether you are a facilitator, instructional designer, or organization development professional, you deal with differing views that can escalate to a messy situation if not handled well. The strategies and techniques in this program have a proven track record of successfully easing learning professionals’ grief and minimizing project setbacks arising from clashes and quarrels.
ATD Education programs are designed primarily for learning professionals—trainers, instructional designers, and organization development practitioners—but also greatly benefit anyone within an organization who is responsible for developing others, from managers to human resources specialists.
After this program, you will be able to:
- Balance emotions with verbal and non-verbal responses.
- Integrate the Three Guiding Principles® throughout daily communications.
- Achieve neutral outcomes through effective negotiation techniques.
- Apply the PEACE process to resolve difficult situations.
- Online: 3 sessions, 4.5 hours total
- On-Site: Flexible dates & duration
Earn .45 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) upon successfully completing this program. This program may be eligible for up to 4.5 CPLP recertification points. This program may be eligible for up to 4.5 APTD recertification points.
Participation in all online sessions at their currently scheduled day and time is mandatory to receive completion for the program and any applicable credits. Please note that viewing a recording will not fulfill the attendance requirement. Participants who fulfill all program requirements will see their completion status reflected on their transcript in the ATD Learning Portal and will receive an email verifying their completion of the program.
ATD requires active participation throughout the program to receive credit for the class. Active participation includes, but is not limited to, participating in virtual classroom activities, discussions, breakout sessions, and intersession work. Please note that using a tablet or mobile device severely limits your ability to fully and actively participate.
All sessions will be recorded and available in the Learning Portal for participants to review throughout the program for your review.
Click here to view our cancellation policy.
Have a group to train? Bring this Course On-site!
Give your team the unique team building experience tailored to your organization's needs. Contact us today to learn more.